Blueberry and Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding
When I mentioned in my last post that one of our desserts from our paleo progressive dinner was bread pudding, I had a lot of people ask for the recipe. I didn't make this, my good friend did, and she got the recipe from PaleOMG. It was very tasty, and from what I understand, it took time... And love to make.
For the pound cake:
1/2 cup plus 2 tsp coconut flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup coconut oil, softened
1/2 cup honey
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 tsp lemon juice
For the rest of the bread pudding:
1 14 oz can coconut milk
3 eggs whisked
1/3 cup coconut oil softened
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt
1. First make your pound cake. Preheat oven to 350
2. Sift the dry ingredients together and set aside
3. Separate 2 of the eggs, put the yolks in a small bowl and the whites aside.
Add the rest of the eggs to the yolks that are in the small bowl.
4. Now with a mixer in a bowl, mix the coconut oil, honey, lemon juice, and vanilla until they are combined.
5. Now on low mix the dry ingredients into the wet ones.
6. Now add eggs( not including the 2 separated egg whites) slowly into the batter a little at a time.
7. Now beat the 2 set aside egg whites until they form white peaks and then flod them into the batter.
8. Now pour batter into an greased 8 inch square pan.
9. Bake on 350 for 30-40 minutes depending in your oven.
10. Allow cake to cool for 10 minutes then cut into 1 inch cubes
11. Now place your cubes into a greased 8x8 in baking dish
12. Now mix all of the ingredients for your bread pudding mixture together
13. Pour over your coconut cake cubes
14. Place in oven and cook for 40 minutes
Comments will be approved before showing up.